Re: hplip backport

On Sun, Oct 22, 2006 at 12:18:21PM +0200, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> Wolfgang Schnitker wrote:
> ---Translation:
>
> Hi Daniel,
>

> thanks for your backport of hplip.
>
> I have tried it myself and contacted Henrique. He said at that time,
> that the sources have such grave bugs that a backport is not reasonalbe.
> Hence, the package did not enter testing/unstable. Please look at the
> bugtrack for open issues.
>
> Greetings
> ---Translation
>
> Sylvain, please comment on this.

Hi,

I needed an updated packages for this printer:
http://doc.cliss21.com/index.php?title=HP_Officejet_Pro_K550
to work (it doesn't work with the version in stable).
I didn't notice any problem, and hp-info didn't hang either.

What surprises me is that the package actually is in testing. If a
package didn't enter testing/unstable, maybe it's the latest upstream
version?
1.6.7  Release   2006-08-02 *testing 1.6.7-2
1.6.9  Release   2006-09-15
1.6.10 Release   2006-10-16

--
Sylvain