Re: nVidia driver doesn't work with latest Linux kernel

On Sat, Oct 07, 2006 at 10:28:46AM -0400, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> Is there a way that the nvidia-graphics-drivers backport can be updated
> to work with the 2.6.17 kernels?  I had to go snaphost.debian.net and
> get the 1.0.8178-3 packages and backport them myself.  Apparently, some
> incompatibilities arose with the introduction of 2.6.16.

  It'll take some digging through:

	http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=14

but it should have patch(es) someplace in there.  nVidia are no good at
releasing something official for such things, but the dev(s) responsible
for the linux drivers there are pretty good at posting a patch to get
them working in the meantime.

  I just wish they had a sticky with the latest applicable patches.
Inevitably I end up posting only to be 'told off' and pointed to the
non-obvious thread that already has the patch.

-Ath
--
- Athanasius = Athanasius(at)miggy.org / http://www.miggy.org/
                  Finger athan(at)fysh.org for PGP key