Re: nVidia driver doesn't work with latest Linux kernel

On Sat, Oct 07, 2006 at 07:08:13PM +0100, Athanasius wrote:

> > Why not just get the 1.0.8178-1 and 1.0.8178-3 versions from
> > snapshot.debian.net and then take the difference between them?
>
>   Sorry, I read your post as 8178-3 drivers NOT working with 2.6.16, let
> alone 2.6.17, therefore you're going to need additional patches, no ?
> That forum is the place to find anysuch.

I don't think any additional patches are necessary.  I just backported
1.0.8178-3 myself and used it to build drivers against 2.6.17 available
from backpors.

>   And anyway, I'd personally say it's best to first try the beta 9625
> drivers (even they are still trying to #include <linux/config.h>
> apparently, which is a no-no, as the file is going away).

I don't know if that will work.  Or at least, it won't be as easy, as
the debian packages after 1.0.8178-3 were all setup to work with X.org
(I am still using XFree86 since I have no compelling need to upgrade).

> -Ath, who doesn't use a debian package for those drivers anyway, too
> fast moving a target

No kidding :-)

Regards,

-Roberto