Re: backports.org updates

On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 05:29:24PM +0200, Sven Mueller wrote:
> Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> > this night I updated bpo to use the latest dak version, which means it
> > now has the ~ support.
>
> Great, thanks.
>
> > Another little difference that should help users is that backports
> > Release file now features a "NotAutomatic: yes", making it behave
> > similar to experimental. Which means you shouldn't get updates to bpo
> > versions automagically anymore *unless* you selected them manually.
>
> Hmm, Is there a way to do that automatically? Personally, I prefer to
> get bpo updates automatically if they are available.

As with experimental, you can override this in /etc/apt/preferences. The
net result of "NotAutomatic: yes" in apt for experimental is that
packages from that repository get a priority of 1, which signals to apt
that it shouldn't automatically install stuff from there. If you want
that, just make sure you have a preferences entry that sets the priority
back to 500, like the rest of your archives.

Or whatever else you use, obviously.

--
Fun will now commence