Re: XOrg 6.9.0.dfsg.1-5bpo2 eats up all CPU

On Fri, May 12, 2006 at 12:23:22PM -0500, Norbert Tretkowski wrote:

> * Frank Küster wrote:
> > it has happened frequently that Xorg eats up nearly all CPU, and the
> > system gets considerable slower (but is still very well usable):
> [...]
> > The X processes running are Firefox, GNU Emacs, KOrganizer, a couple
> > of rxvt's, xconsole and sometimes others (e.g. Mathematica, or a
> > home-brewn Windows application using wine), but I cannot see any
> > connection to using them.
>
> I think firefox is the real problem here. I've seen this bug also a
> few times (but it's not really reproducible), but only on one machine
> (which runs xorg and firefox from bpo). A lot other machines (neither
> sarge with backports, nor testing, nor unstable) never had this
> problem.

I had similar troubles with the _previous_ bpo version, also only having
only gdm running with no-one logged (it was very notable accessing the
system from remote via ssh, eg accessing the "idle" office workstation
from home & so on) the system was quite unusable.

Unfortunately, i had'nt investigated more (no time :(

After the last update, nema problema:
ii  xserver-xorg   6.9.0.dfsg.1-5 the X.Org X server

K.