Re: libpoppler backport

Anthony DeRobertis wrote:
> How so? The c2 suffice was added in etch to ensure no packages would
> link against an ABI-incompatible build of the library. It certainly
> seems that having a wrongly-named package installed could cause this to
> happen.

I missed to consider partial upgrades, I thought only of scenarios of
complete system upgrades (there it wouln't cause a problem (if I'm not
wrong here too :)).

As partial upgrades need to be supported too, Christoph is right, and
the packages should be renamed for backports, regardless whetever they
are already present in sarge in an older version or not.

Again, I was wrong. Sorry for that, and thanks to Christoph to correct me.