Re: How to install OpenOffice 2.0 backport? Unmet dependencies

Am Donnerstag, 2. Februar 2006 23:04 schrieb Anthony DeRobertis:
> [Please CC me. I'm not subscribed and Thunderbird seems to give no way
> to set Mail-Followup-To. Thanks.]
>
> # apt-get install -t sarge-backports openoffice.org  openoffice.org-base
>    openoffice.org-base: Depends: java-gcj-compat but it is not going to
> be installed or
>                                  j2re1.4 but it is not installable or
>                                  java2-runtime but it is not installable
>
> Ok, j2re1.4 and java2-runtime have no candidates, and nothing provides
> them. java-gcj-compat is only in unstable, not sarge or sarge-backports:
>
> $ apt-cache policy java-gcj-compat
> java-gcj-compat:
>    Installed: (none)
>    Candidate: 1.0.51-1
>    Version Table:
>       1.0.51-1 0
>          100 http://http.us.debian.org unstable/main Packages
>
> Does openoffice.org's database package really need Java? Can it work
> with just unixodbc?

Last week, I installed OO from Backport. For j2re1.4 use the folling link:

deb ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/languages/java/linux/debian sarge non-free

or look in http://www.blackdown.org/ .

If you have problems with install the follow web-site can help you:

http://www.blackdown.org/java-linux/java-linux@java.blackdown.org/java-linux-
msg00229.html

regards

Monika

Monika Strack
Institut fuer Tierzucht
Bundesforschungsanstalt fuer Landwirtschaft

31535 Neustadt               e-mail: most@tzv.fal.de
Germany                      Tel: +49 5034 /871 154
                             Fax: +49 5034 /871 239