Try this..../etc/apt/preferences
Package: *
Pin: release sarge-backports
Pin-Priority: 200

For OO.org2
Package: openoffice.org
Pin: release sarge-backports
Pin-Priority: 999

That worked for me.  BTW you need java installed to install oo.org2.

waste wrote:

Hi,

I'm new to backports and have some problems using the OpenOffice backport.
According to the introduction I added

deb http://www.backports.org/debian/ sarge-backports main

to my sources.list . It works fine but I don't want to update to all backports just to openoffice.
In /etc/apt/ there was no 'preferences' file so I created one and added

Package: *
Pin: release a=sarge-backports
Pin-Priority: 200

OK now I have no backport at all available.
To get only openoffice packages availabe i tried to add

Package: openoffice*
Pin: release a=sarge-backports
Pin-Priority: 999

to preferences but it had no effect. Then I changed it to

Package: openoffice.org

because the description said that it will install all the main openoffice packages, but it is still not availabe over aptitude.

Can anyone help me? What to add where to get the openoffice backport?

Thanks to everyone
waste