Re: debian astro indi packages are outdated and some missing

Hi Joe,

On Sun, 3 Mar 2024, Joe wrote:
I'm using debiain on a rock64 for astrophotography and noticed all the indi packages except indi-eqmod are from 2022.

The indi package is a dependency of indi-* and the newest version of indi is only in experimental. When it moves to unstable, I will prepare an update of indi-*. At the moment I see lots of merge requests all over the indi-* drivers. So I also wanted to wait with new packages until the storm has calmed a bit.

I was hoping for some updates to the drivers and some new drivers added like the svbony drivers and zwo am5 driver.

Svbony is not able to provide any license information with their SDK, so Debian is not allowed to distrubte it. Sorry, there won't be a Debian package at all.

The ZWO AM5 driver should be available after the update.

How does one go about moving this forward?
Astro Berry is no longer maintained, but indi drivers are.
Also looking at getting phd2 into the astro project

Yes, this is on my todo list, but upstream mixes everything together and it is a bit demanding to entamgle everything again to create a proper Debian package.

  Thorsten