Re: Should munipack 0.5.13 be uploaded?

Dear Nilesh,

yes, please.

The bug is related to arm64 platform. The key problem is
a numerical representation of integer (int) types on different
platforms. cfitsio is implemented in C with Fortran interface,
and the bug comes from deep waters of the interface -- there is
no specific code for the platform, and default one doesn't match.
The bug has been reported to cfitsio maintainers.

In meantime, I developed (partly) an interface of cfitsio in modern
Fortran 2008+ which has included, as a part of the languague(s),
the exact interface between the two worlds.

Munipack pass all tests under my arm64 emulator.

Thank you very much,
FH

Nilesh Patra <nilesh@debian.org> writes:

Hi Filip,

Looks like you've prepared a changelog revision for munipack 0.5.13 in salsa, but this has not been uploaded to the archive yet. It seems to fix the RC bug for 0.5.12 on arm64 - should this be uploaded if you do not have any objections?

(I haven't built it yet, so I do not know if there's any issues right now)

Nilesh

--
F. Hroch <hroch@physics.muni.cz>, Masaryk University, Brno, Czechia.
Dept. of theor. physics and astrophysics, Kotlarska 2, CZ-611 37.