Re: [RFS] idlastro

Hi Nilesh,

Nilesh Patra <npatra974@gmail.com> writes:
> I've attempted making the build of idlastro reproducible, and the
> salsa CI goes green (which was not the case earlier) now, indicating
> so.
>
> I also did a bit of QA work with removing lintian warnings and a few
> other nitpicks. All my changes are pushed to the salsa repository[1]
> Please consider to upload, or grant DM access so I could do so.

Thank you very much for your work! I am very happy to see you improving
our packages!

For idlastro, I have a few remarks: As before, I would grant you upload
right if you are agreeing to add yourself to the uploaders; I would not
do it for one-time uploads. Generally, you can just add yourself to the
uploaders of my packages when you feel that you want to continue
contribuing for that package (and therefore would ask for DM upload
rights).

Then, for the patches, I would prefer to have them in git style, so that
they can be round-tripped with git-buildpackage without change.

For the Reproducible-build.patch, I am wondering why adding \date{}
actually should make the document reproducible?

And could you forward the Remove-national-encoding.patch to upstream?
https://github.com/wlandsman/IDLAstro

BTW, did you already apply for becoming a DD?

Best regards

Ole