Re: which package has the debian-astro banner ?

On 14/02/2019, Ole Streicher <olebole@debian.org> wrote:
> shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@gmail.com> writes:
>> I was looking at the astro blends page [1] and saw the astro logo and
>> banner. I am writing a blog post about the various Debian pure blends
>> at itsfoss.com [2] and if there is a specific place or repo. or a
>> package which has the logo, banner/background please let me know.
>>
>> 1. https://blends.debian.org/astro/
>> 2. https://itsfoss.com/author/shirish/
>>
>> Looking forward to know.
>
> The package that provides the Debian Astro logo is ...
>
>   debian-astro-logo  ;-)
>
> Repository (with the SVG source of the logo):
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/debian-astro-team/debian-astro
>
> Thanks for doing PR! Please let us know when you need more information,
> and when your published your post!
>
> Best
>
> Ole

Dear Ole,

Please do not raise your expectations too much. The article this time
would be around Debian Pure blends [1] and debian-astro would be part
of it, so at the most I may be able to dedicate maybe a paragraph or
two at the most about debian-astro.  I may do a longer article on
debian-astro blend if there is interest and time permits of course.

I do however have few observations and questions about certain
packages, metapackages which are in debian-astro. Maybe you or some of
the team-members may share/shed some light onto the questions and
observations.

One of the first things I observed seems to be that debian-astro seems
to have been more of a recent vintage than perhaps some of the other
blends [2] with stretch [3] being the first release. Because it
doesn't mention old-stable i.e. jessie I am guessing that is correct ?

The other thing I observed is that debian-astro-team has almost 25 odd
people in the team [4] which seems to be a pretty healthy number.

I was looking at astro-telescopecontrol [5]  where many packages talk
about different webcams. I was wondering if there is a wiki page which
lists out the various webcams and how cheap or expensive these webcams
are ? It could be something which could be pointed out to people if
such a resource exists.

1. https://lists.debian.org/debian-blends/2019/02/msg00004.html
2. https://bugs.debian.org/799137
3. https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/debian-astro