Re: Problem with swarp (2.38.0+dfsg-3 and others)

Hello,

we have two completely different packages astromatic and suckless-tools, each contains swarp:
1. swarp from astromatic is the tool for resample and co-add together FITS images;
2. swarp from suckless-tools is the simple X warping tool to warp the mouse pointer to a given position;

There doesn't even seem to be a conflict between the two packages as long as /usr/bin is on a case sensitive filesystem. Still, it's unfortunate. Looks like dwm-tools/suckless-tools has had a /usr/bin/swarp since at least 2012, i.e. before #671477 was closed.

Name clashes are not that uncommon; e.g., the MESA of mesa.sourceforge.net is not the well-known OpenGL implementation. I have a (private, for licensing reasons) debianization of Lupton and Monger's SM and had to rename it to sm-plot.

--
With best regards,
Oleh Malyi