Packaging Aravis for debian-astro blend

Hello,

I've finally managed to have a working .deb for aravis[1]

This is my first official debian package ... be patient... :)

I still have some lintian errors and warnings.
And I would like to add metadata as suggested by Paul Wise [2]
The page [3] states that "All errors and warnings shown there should be fixed before the package can be uploaded", but I would rather upload somewhere my work... just to save it... :)
May I use the debian git repository [4] before lintian issues fixing?

And, once issues are fixed, I have to search for a sponsor, right?

Thanks for listening,
best,
Chiara

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=843185
[2] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=843185#12
[3] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianAstro/AstropyPackagingTutorial/Packaging
[4] https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-astro/packages/aravis.git/

--
Chiara Marmo
Ingénieur de Recherche GEOPS - Paris Sud-11