Re: [RFS] casacore-1.7.0 uploaded to mentors

Dear Benda,

heroxbd@gentoo.org writes:
> Casacore has been updated to 1.7.0 and tracked at [...]
> I would like to ask the astronomy team to review the package, especially
> the package names and descriptions, and the copyright part which I am
> not quite sure.  Otherwise it is ready be uploaded together with
> casacore-data (ITP #761146, the other email).

I think the package names and descriptions are OK (they are somehow
complicated to understand from outside anyway). Maybe just not use
abbreviations in the short descriptions, if possible ("CASA ms library"
--> "CASA MeasurementSet library").

In debian/copyright:
The files copyrighted by William LeFebvre are not all casa/os/*.h, be
more specific here. Also, specifying "Free" as License is
misleading. I'd use something like "freely-redistributable" or so here.

debian/changelog: Specify only one item, "Initial release. Closes:
#686924". No need to mention me at all here.

I could not build the package in the moment on unstable due to some
problems with doxygen not finding libclang.so.1 (probably a transition
issue), I will repeat this in a few days, so I still cannot check if the
build works.

However, and due to our ongoing discussion about casacore-data: could
you disable the tests that depend on casacore-data? Then we can upload
the program independent on this discussion. And we can re-enable the
tests once we have a casacore-data package in Debian.

Best regards

Ole