Re: Astropy affiliated packages for Debian

Vincent Prat <vinceprat@free.fr> writes:
> Thanks for packaging it. Finally you chose to create a new source
> package.

I asked on the astropy-dev list and it is an (more or less) independent
package. Therefore, I have created an individual package.

> I used it to package astroquery, and it seems to work.  Now I have to
> wait for astropy-helpers to be in unstable to test my packaging with
> pbuilder.

You can include the package locally to test the packaging. It can also
be uploaded before astropy-helpers is accepted.

> What is the typical time to go through NEW?

Everything from 2 weeks to 4 months, or even years.

Best

Ole