Re: reject dhclient offer from wrong subnet

On Mi, 15 dec 21, 16:26:42, Tuxo wrote:
> Hi list
>
> My router and my docsys modem power on at the same time. the modem is
> handing out dhcp offers of 192.168.100/24 . I assume they are meant for
> internal set up purposes and dhclient on my router should not catch or
> respond to them. Only the final offer after modem bootup has completed does
> contain the WAN subnet and a lease time of 4 hours.

Hello,

This appears to be a general networking question, that happens to
involve one or more ARM systems.

If one of your systems is running Debian (the router?) the question is
better suited on the debian-user list

    https://lists.debian.org/debian-user

I would suggest you add more information on the router (hardware and
software configuration, which port is connected to the modem, etc.).

This list is meant for issues with porting packages to the arm*
architectures in Debian or issues with getting Debian to run at all on
specific ARM hardware.

Kind regards,
Andrei