Re: php | Disable Zend fiber asm on armhf (FTBFS) (016bd26c)

On 11/9/21 21:41, Sergio Durigan Junior (@sergiodj) wrote:

> Sergio Durigan Junior commented:
>

> When I was investigating this problem I had many links open to GCC docs and whatnot, but I closed all of those tabs now.  Either way, using `-mfpu=vfpv3-d16` seems to be the best option here because, as explained here:
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/ArmHardFloatPort/VfpComparison#FPU
>
> it is the "common denominator" between all supported processors.  So I don't think this changes the supported ARM hardware, no.
>
> Also, the `ifeq (arm-linux-gnueabihf,$(DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE))` should probably be `ifeq (armhf,$(DEB_HOST_ARCH))` (like it is in the original MR), because Debian doesn't support only Linux kernels.
>
> Maybe @doko would like to chip in.

No, please don't use -mfpu.  I don't know the original issue here, but if you're
using -march=armv7-a, it should be now -march=armv7-a+fp. Same thing if the
architecture string is explicitly given in assembler files.  Architecture
extensions are now supposed to be encoded in the architecture string (according
to ARM).

Matthias