Re: Build failure of janest-base on arm64...

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 02:43:43PM +0100, Fabian Wolff wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 12:57:11 +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > This looks like ~ 70 arm64-only Build-Attempted failures since buildd
> > chroots were regenerated on Sunday, in a wide variety of packages.
>
> My package (z3) is one of them (builds on all other release architectures,
> blocked from migrating to testing because of arm64). The exact error message
> is [0]:
>
>   collect2: fatal error: ld terminated with signal 4 [Illegal instruction]
>
> I understand that you probably don't want to be bothered by each of the <=70
> individual maintainers affected by this problem, but perhaps you could give
> us some advice as to what we, as package maintainers, should do? Should we
> request buildd give-backs, or just wait for you to take care of the problem,
> or ...?

I am not directly involved here, but "just wait" is the best action when
the relevant people are aware of the problem.

As soon as the problem has been resolved/workarounded, I am sure there
will be a give-back of all affected packages in unstable and experimental.

> Thanks for your help!
>
> Fabian

cu
Adrian