Re: Build failure of janest-base on arm64...

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 12:57:11PM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
>On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 10:57:29AM +0100, Stéphane Glondu wrote:
>> Christian Marillat says that "Binutils package is broken see #911990",
>> but this bug has been marked as fixed-upstream for more than 1 year, is
>> it really still on topic?
>
>Correct bug number would be #948803 or #948819.
>
>The problem seems caused by the snapshot of binutils currently
>used in unstable, and it is not limited to ocaml:
>https://buildd.debian.org/status/architecture.php?a=arm64&suite=sid
>
>This looks like ~ 70 arm64-only Build-Attempted failures since buildd
>chroots were regenerated on Sunday, in a wide variety of packages.

Ah, that's useful to know. I wish I'd seen that before disappearing
down a rabbit-hole yesterday! :-/

  Getting a SCSI chain working is perfectly simple if you remember that there
  must be exactly three terminations: one on one end of the cable, one on the
  far end, and the goat, terminated over the SCSI chain with a silver-handled
  knife whilst burning *black* candles. --- Anthony DeBoer