Re: Lowest power Debian SBC

On 11/24/2019 06:15 PM, Martin wrote:
> On 2019-11-24 23:42, Rainer Dorsch wrote:
>> Is there a Debian based SBC which goes close to or even below 1W?
> According to https://www.taskit.de/stamp-overview.html their
> different boards have between 0.12 and 0.42 W consumption, but
> that is without the actual Ethernet hardware (phy) etc. Real
> power consumption depends on your peripheral electronics.
> The boards run Debian armel (ARM926EJ-S) or armhf (Cortex A5)
> just fine. Only kernel needs a little bit of customisation.

I recall a Raspberry Pi Zero to be under 1W with a USB 100Mb/s
ethernet interface.  Actually I'd expect a Pi Zero wireless to consume
less if that type of connectivity would work in your application.

If you really need wired ethernet, with a cable making its way to the
device, would the possibility of PoE relax the need for <1W power
consumption?