Re: After update to latest Stretch--boot stops

* On 2019 19 Feb 15:37 -0600, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
> If you're using the flash-kernel boot script, from the u-boot prompt:
>
>   setenv fk_kvers 4.9.0-7-armmp
>
> You might have to do "ls mmc 0:1" or wherever your boot partition is to
> find the correct version.

Oh, thanks!

Just before I read your mail I manually copied over the System map,
config, and vmlinuz files from the relevant .deb grabbed from the link
kindly provided by Steve into the boot partition on the microSD card.
that was enough to get my board going again.

I will keep this handy for future use.

> It doesn't help you right now, but in the future you might want to
> experiment with the "u-boot-menu" package(in testing and
> stretch-backports), which should work out of the box for many boards as
> long as /boot, / and /usr/lib/linux-image-* are on the same partition
> and the device-tree defines the default console (and with some tweaks
> and cooperation from flash-kernel can work with a split /boot as well).

As I have a split /boot but / and /usr are on the same partition, this
looks interesting.

Thanks again for the very prompt help.  My weather station is back
reporting online.  :-)

- Nate

Web: http://www.n0nb.us  GPG key: D55A8819  GitHub: N0NB