Re: After update to latest Stretch--boot stops

On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 02:52:39PM -0600, Nate Bargmann wrote:
>I've been running Stretch on my Olimes A20-Olinuxino Micro for several
>months without issue until just a while ago.  I performed an update
>through Aptitude whereupon the latest version of systemd and kernel were
>updated.  After a proper shutdown and restart the boot process stalls
>at the point where "Starting kernel ..." is displayed.
>
>I allowed it to sit for several minutes wondering if an fsck was in
>progress, but nothing appears to be happening (there are no drive LEDs,
>so I don't have a means to know drive activity).
>
>At the moment I am stuck as I'm unsure of how to proceed to figure out
>what broke.  I have snapped a photo of the screen I can share if need
>be.

Hi Nate,

Looks like you've been hit by Bug #922478 [1]. There was an
unfortunate bug included in the armhf kernel for this update. A fixed
kernel is on its way very soon, but for now you can manually download
and install a locally-built package from Julien at

  https://people.debian.org/~jcristau/linux-922478/

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/922748

Is there anybody out there?