Re: Stretch ARM installation RAM and Flash size

On 2019-02-01 11:40, hh h wrote:
> Does Debian distribution for embedded
> system provide a tiny minimal installation to include bash, ssh, apt,
> and leave the room for the embedded system developer to select
> necessary packages for any specific purpose?
>
> Lennart and Martin mentioned to build their own packages, are you
> using the vendor SDK / IDE / uboot to build packages for a specific
> target?

What I'm doing:
 - use vendor/custom uboot and kernel
 - build own minimal base images using debootstrap
   (original Debian armel packages, dpkg path-exclude stuff)
 - use original Debian package, whenever possible
 - build own Debian packages, when necessary,
   mainly for our own (partly proprietary) software
 - have completely separate archive server (reprepro),
   with only the packages we actually use

IDE as always: Some use vi, some use Emacs.