Re: Rebuilding the entire Debian archive twice on arm64 hardware for fun and proft

On Mon, Jan 07, 2019 at 12:07:49AM +0000, peter green wrote:
>On 06/01/19 23:45, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>>     In my initial testing for rebuilding armhf only, I did not enable
>>     either of these. I was then finding *lots* of "Illegal Instruction"
>>     crashes due to CP15 barrier usage in armhf Haskell and Mono
>>     programs. This suggests that the baseline architecture in these
>>     toolchains is incorrectly set to target ARMv6 rather than
>>     ARMv7. That should be fixed and all those packages rebuilt at some
>>     point.
>
>Haskell does appear to be configured for armv7 in Debian (in the
>sense that I had to patch the package in Raspbian to make it build
>for armv6). I would guess for haskell that this is an issue that
>needs digging into the upstream source, not just looking at the build
>system.

OK, fair enough. Something inside is using CP15 barriers for v7, then,
which is just Wrong. :-)

< Aardvark> I dislike C++ to start with. C++11 just seems to be
            handing rope-creating factories for users to hang multiple
            instances of themselves.