Re: Qt with GLES on arm64 maintainer's decision - Was:: Upcoming Qt switch to OpenGL ES on arm64

Quoting Raphael Hertzog (2018-11-26 12:37:57)
> Software can be fixed/improved to also work with OpenGL ES. However
> hardware, once bought, cannot be fixed to support Desktop OpenGL when
> it has been designed for OpenGL ES only.

Is some _hardware_ really "designed for OpenGL ES only"?

I guess you mean that some hardware is only supported by non-free
firmware/software hardcoded which is designed for OpenGL ES only".

 - Jonas