Re: Building armel on arm64

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 08:43:02PM +0200, Christoph Biedl wrote:
> If this is a concern, how to solve it? Have some native non-DSA
> armel/armhf boxes where volunteers rebuild the archive and hope test
> suites will catch such issues?

The problem is not doing the rebuilds, it's tuits to actually analyze and
report bugs.  There are multiple such efforts: reproducible builds use a
diverse bunch of hardware, I run a single Odroid-U2:
(arch:any) https://angband.pl/deb/rebuild.pl
(arch:all) https://angband.pl/deb/rebuild-all.pl
yet didn't have the tuits to go through them in several months.

Also, this machine does have neon so it's not even armhf baseline.  And so
many packages compile but don't test.  Thus, regressions from building on
arm64 need not just hardware but also manpowers to detect.

Meow.
--
// If you believe in so-called "intellectual property", please immediately
// cease using counterfeit alphabets.  Instead, contact the nearest temple