rpi, now no shell for an ssh login

On Tuesday 24 July 2018 04:47:14 Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

> On 24/07/18 08:30, Gene Heskett wrote:

> >> I expect you'll need to restart the ssh daemon, e.g as root:
> >>
> >> # service ssh restart
> >
> > And that works, geany now runs on the rock64 from an ssh login!!!.

And I have succeeded in making it work all over again on an armbian
install this morning. Big grin.  And on this install, I am indeed me as
user 1000!

> > Now to see if the pi can be fixed, but the second of those two
> > commands does not exist in /etc/ssh/sshd_config on the pi, even
> > there but commented out.

But I have not made it work on the pi, with or without the
X11UseLocalhost no (the default it says)
line, i get a login requestor, enter my pw, and get the login blurb, but
then no shell. I have not rebooted the pi, I guess thats next...

Didn't help, I can login from here, or from the new armbian install on
the rock64, but I get no shell after the signed in blurb.  And
the /etc/passwd says I get /bin/bash...

Anybody have an idea on this new development?

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)