Re: rock64, date is UTC, how to make EST (s/b UTC-5)

On 23/07/18 19:45, Cindy-Sue Causey wrote:
On 7/22/18, Mark Morgan Lloyd <markMLl.debian-arm@telemetry.co.uk> wrote:

It's regrettable that dpkg-reconfigure doesn't have something like a
--list command which summarises the packages to which it may be applied,
or even a --search which works by analogy with apt-cache etc.

There's always the option of submitting something like that as a
reportbug wishlist item. I verified first using grub-pc. Had to flip
through over 500 bugs (*OUCH!*) to get to the point where you choose
wishlist, but it *is* there in the options regarding a bug report's
severity level.

Ouch. I most regret that I've spent much more time working round bugs and arguably-missing features than I should have done, rather than engaging with various distreaux's bug management systems and then brushing up on my C, scripting and package management skills.

Story of my life: "I'm sure I can hack past this, after which I'll be in the open and the way will be clear".

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk