Re: rock64, date is UTC, how to make EST (s/b UTC-5)

On 23/07/18 16:45, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 12:00:19PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
First I am logging in as user 1000, aka pi on the pi and rock64 on the
rock64. Root logins are disallowed. I can sudo later, but can't run
anything that needs x, getting the can't open display :11 or some such
twaddle error.  And I've no clue if ts this wheezy machine, or that
jessie or stretch machine reporting the error I see on my konsole here
on wheezy.

Once you su or sudo you no longer have permission to access X.  If you
want that use gksudo or kdesudo which handle keeping access to X while
switching to root.

Sudo's -E option very often helps.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd