Re: Cautionary tale: how to kill an SDCard with one simple command

On 23/07/18 15:30, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
On Sat, Jul 21, 2018 at 09:18:56PM +0000, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
We've got an ODroid. The impression I got was that the hardware was fairly
well done, but that the distro that came with it (some variant of Ubuntu)
rather less so... the usual things about missing dependencies which can make
things very flaky (e.g. autoremove broke X11 beyond repair).

My recollection of the UEFI situation is that Intel et al. made "Secure
Boot" optional on PCs but mandatory on ARM systems that had UEFI.

Microsoft made that a rule for devices that are Windows Certified.
x86 devices with Windows should have an option to let the user decide
about secureboot (but it must be on by default), while arm devices must
always use secureboot with Windows.

Intel had nothing to do with that.

Thanks for the clarification, which I also came across when I checked after opening my mouth (rather than, as is politic, before :-)

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk