Re: rock64, date is UTC, how to make EST (s/b UTC-5)

Don't really know, on a quick glance I'm not sure where to connect the
battery.  But it has a 32 KHz oscillator.  The RK805 I think is a chip
on the board, has a clock and several bucks in it.  The Rock64
schematic shows it as a power distribution block.

From
http://files.pine64.org/doc/rock64/Rockchip_RK805_Datasheet_V1.1%C2%A020160921.pdf

Looks like it expects 2.8 - 3.5 volts so not a lithium battery.  Not
sure if it tries to charge it or not.

You know about their IRC, right?

http://uk.pine64.xyz:9090/?channels=Pine64&uio=MTE9MjE131

Strange URL, there are pine64 and rock64 channels in there.

On 7/22/18, Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:
> On Sunday 22 July 2018 14:58:33 Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

>> > Worked a treat, thank you.
>>
>> It's regrettable that dpkg-reconfigure doesn't have something like a
>> --list command which summarises the packages to which it may be
>> applied, or even a --search which works by analogy with apt-cache etc.
>
> And if my well aged wet ram is to be trusted, it used to do a lot more
> than it is now, only setting two items in the locales now.  Or its been
> stripped to do the bare minimum on a rock64/arm64. Dunno which, but its
> a dissapointment, just like the networking is broken in that it cannot
> apply a gateway to a static setup without doing a separate command with
> route once its booted. Putting the gateway address into /e/n/i.d/eth0 is
> simply ignored. I even moved it to /e/n/i, no effect. Yesterday I tried
> changing the static address, took 3 powerdown reboots to actually get
> that to take, and 2 reboots to restore the original which was easier
> than editing every /e/hosts file on my local network. A networking
> restart totally ignores anything you do in /e/n/i.  Sounds crazy and
> impossible, but thats how it works here. Depressing is what it is....
>

> --
> Cheers, Gene Heskett
> --
> -Ed Howdershelt (Author)

No, I won't  call it "climate change", do you have a "reality problem"? - AB1JX
Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach