Re: Error message on update of debian jessie on banana pi M64

On Saturday 21 July 2018 04:03:24 Freek de Kruijf wrote:

> Op zaterdag 21 juli 2018 03:00:00 CEST schreef Gene Heskett:
> >
> > I've done that, and its much less stable than a jessie install,
> > needing a powerdown reboot about hourly. Not only that, but logging
> > into a console to do almost anything I could just do on jessie is
> > now blocked because the console login is now prevented from running
> > anything that needs x. This makes maintenance or code development a
> > major pain in the a$$.
>
> I went from the Raspberry Pi 3B to the Banana Pi M64 only because it
> has 2GB memory instead of 1 GB. I run a number of standard services on
> it of which email or rather virus scanning became a problem. The
> system runs headless with only ssh, no X, for maintenance. So I do not
> have the problems you reported.

Does the bananna pi have the same gpio drivers and gpio pinouts?  But I
just did a google search, finding such info is non-existant. So never
mind.

I guess one could buy one but after my experience with the rock64, 2 of
them, its not worth the hassle. Support essentially isn't. For the
banana Pi, there is nothing on their site but a cycle of pictures, none
of which are clickable to find out more about an individual board. Sure,
they want you to buy thru their dealer tree, but to bother clicking on
one of those links, I'd need to have a reason, and their factory site
didn't give me a reason to do that. I also made note that there are NO
US based dealers.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)