A workspace pager for the toolbar?

Greetings all;

I did have, before one of the mass updates a few days ago, have my pi
with the jessie install, setup with 4 workspaces, still do, but I've
lost the little 4 box pager from the toolbar, so now I am stuck finding
a blank spot on the screen, and rolling the wheel of a long since
clickless mouse to make a little box with the screen number pop up
center screen, then go hunting for the right number. In years past, we
could set a different background image per workspace, but with the pi's
memory constraints thats not possible. There has to be a better way. So
how can I restore the pager to the toolbar?

Thanks everybody.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)