Re: SOLVED keyboard went funkity with last nights update

On 1/19/17, Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:
> On Wednesday 18 January 2017 21:33:15 Alan Corey wrote:
>
>> Sounds like a problem with the alternatives configurator,
>
> Whats this utilities real name, I'll run it just for S&Giggles.  Says
> setupcon, but it won't run from an ssh -Y login.

  /usr/sbin/galternatives

pi2# apropos alternatives
galternatives (1)    - A front-end to the update-alternatives
update-alternatives (8) - maintain symbolic links determining default commands
update-java-alternatives (8) - update alternatives for jre/sdk installations
pi2#

That may not be it, I don't see keyboard listed in it.  Try apropos default too.

I forget what it was I changed, it was about 3 Debian boxes and a year
ago, but I had to undo what I'd done and do it the Debian way.  I miss
OpenBSD for its simplicity but they won't touch the Pi yet.  NetBSD
and FreeBSD but they aren't as polished as Raspbian.  I don't like
software that tells me how to run my life.  I don't mind reading
documentation that tells me unavoidable facts but I don't like
studying how somebody else decided to set something up.

I haven't turned my lathe on in a year or so, I've got one of the
Chinese ones.  I was turning down the rotors in electric motors to
epoxy on magnets and turn them into alternators.  10 years ago.  Small
lathe, 8 hours per motor, it got old.

--
Credit is the root of all evil.  - AB1JX