Re: d-i on Firefly-rk3288. Solved missing mmc and eth

On Tue, 20 Dec 2016 21:12:50 +0100
Diego Roversi <diegor@tiscali.it> wrote:

> Ok, now I'm trying to create a d-i with custom kernel...
>
> > Here are some (slighted rotted) docs:  https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Modify/CustomKernel
>
> I've compiled my custom kernel, and created .deb file, using make-kpkg. But I don't find how to create the .udeb file. The page suggests to use kernel-wedge, but I don't really understand how.
>
> I've seen that there is a README for kernel-wedge, but it's quite criptic to me. Does it exists some example?

I couldn't build a new kernel for d-i with kernel-wedge, but I've modified the sd-card image, with a custom kernel. The installation went flawlessly. And the debian installed kernel worked fine (recognized mmc and ethernet), even if they are the same version (4.8.11).

Comparing the list of loaded modules (d-i kernel versus standard debian kernel), I've found out that phy regulator is missing, because there is a missing module in the initrd.gz of the d-i: i2c_rk3x.

--
Diego Roversi <diegor@tiscali.it>