Re: Feedback from armel tester

Sorry for the late follow-up.

On Sat, Nov 5, 2016 at 8:38 AM, Rogério Brito <rbrito@ime.usp.br> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> This is just a quick feedback from an armel tester.
>
> I'm using a KuroBox Pro that Martin gave me a few years ago with Debian
> testing and everything works perfectly with kernel
> linux-image-4.7.0-1-marvell.
>
> I had some 100% reproducible issues with kernels around 4.4 that I never
> managed to report due to some sad personal problems, but the issues went
> away and I am running said kernel for about a week so far.

Thanks for using KuroBox Pro!

I made the device-tree patch (upstreamed) and get it supported by flash-kernel.
Now Ryan Tandy (in CC) and me are co-maintaining micro-evtd. Latest
update is to support kernel 4.8 (Bug #845559).
It need 10 day to hit stretch/testing.

On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 11:45 AM, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 5, 2016 at 7:38 AM, Rogério Brito wrote:
>
>> This is just a quick feedback from an armel tester.
>
> FYI, armel is to be dropped after stretch so you will probably want to
> plan your transition to new hardware.
>
> https://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/20160722013605.GA854@einval.com

Since Stretch supports armel, and probably it will get LTS, so armel
device still can be used safely for quite long.
I also started a thread to discuss armel support after Stretch [0][1].
It seems feasible technically.

[0] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2016/12/threads.html#00135
[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-arm/2016/12/threads.html#00007

Cheers,