Re: d-i on Firefly-rk3288

On 2016-12-09, Diego Roversi wrote:
>   I'm trying to install debian stretch on a firefly-rk3288, using debian installer. I downloaded the firmware from:
>
>   http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/installer-armhf/current/images/netboot/SD-card-images/
>
>   Then I wrote the installer on a sd:
>
>   zcat firmware.Firefly-RK3288.img.gz partition.img.gz | pv > /dev/sdc
>
>   and tried to boot the firefly from sd. But I'm stuck with this errors:
>
> U-Boot 2014.10-RK3288-02 (Nov 26 2014 - 09:28:44)

This u-boot version is not coming from the SD card; probably from the
on-board eMMC. You may need to zero out of first few MB on the
eMMC. This will obviously render the OS on the eMMC non-functional.

Not sure if there's a better way to force it to boot from eMMC. I don't
recall if mainline u-boot yet supports eMMC on the firefly boards; at
the time I did my installs it didn't work.

Good luck!

live well,
  vagrant