Re: Samba version in armhf?

On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 05:11:08PM +0000, Jo L wrote:
> The problem with 4.2.* is that according to
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_Release_Planning#General_information
> it is already EOL. And I would prefer a released version, i.e. 4.5.1, 4.4.7
> or 4.3.12 - in that order of preference, but that is for sure personal. For
> an LTS distro you may want to be conservative and choose the opposite order,
> but an EOL release is imho not a good idea as it does not even get security
> fixes.

Just because upstream doesn't release security updates for 4.2 anymore
does not mean the debian security team doesn't port the fixes to 4.2
for jessie.

Looking at the changelog, they have clearly been doing so.

New versions introduce new bugs, and in a stable release, that is not
what you want.

--
Len Sorensen