Re: Debian and QEMU virtio-net-device

On Mon, 2016-11-14 at 23:13 -0500, Jerry Stuckle wrote:

> Everything I've found on the internet indicates the -sd parameter should
> be all I need, but it doesn't work.  Any ideas here?

The armmp kernel flavour works on many different platforms and is
therefore more modular than the old vexpress one. I expect you just
need to load a driver module.

Looks like the pl180 on vexpress is supported by "mmci.ko". You will
need to make sure that module is available in your initrd then you
should be able to modprobe it (once you have the system booting then
you should be able to automatically regenerate a correct inird with no
manual intervention required).

Ian.