Re: Debian and QEMU virtio-net-device

On 11/8/2016 9:51 AM, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> On 08/11/16 14:30, Ian Campbell wrote:
>> On Tue, 2016-11-08 at 08:51 -0500, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
>>> Any other ideas?
>>
>> I'm at a bit of a loss, maybe someone else has some bright ideas.
>>
>> A few bits of info whic might jolt someones memory:
>
> I can't usefully help, since while I use Qemu for various targets I tend
> to use tun etc. networking for historical reasons. I'm sure what I'm
> doing is thoroughly obsolete, not least because it needs root privilege,
> but there might possibly be something useful at
> http://wiki.freepascal.org/Qemu_and_other_emulators
>
> Of course the one thing that really does make a big difference is making
> absolutely sure that Qemu error messages are visible, i.e. at least
> initially run it from a standard shell. Some of the Qemu console status
> commands might also turn out to be useful.
>
> I suppose this leads on to a question of my own...

Mark,

Thanks for the input.  There are no error messages from QEMU, and the
console status looks good.  I started out with this on the QEMU mailing
list, but after lots of looking, people basically threw up their hands.
At this point it doesn't *look* like a QEMU problem - but what do I
know?  I'm just a lowly programmer.  If I knew the problem, I'd fix it :)

Jerry