Re: Debian and QEMU virtio-net-device

On 08/11/16 14:30, Ian Campbell wrote:
On Tue, 2016-11-08 at 08:51 -0500, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
Any other ideas?

I'm at a bit of a loss, maybe someone else has some bright ideas.

A few bits of info whic might jolt someones memory:

I can't usefully help, since while I use Qemu for various targets I tend to use tun etc. networking for historical reasons. I'm sure what I'm doing is thoroughly obsolete, not least because it needs root privilege, but there might possibly be something useful at http://wiki.freepascal.org/Qemu_and_other_emulators

Of course the one thing that really does make a big difference is making absolutely sure that Qemu error messages are visible, i.e. at least initially run it from a standard shell. Some of the Qemu console status commands might also turn out to be useful.

I suppose this leads on to a question of my own...

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk