Re: Cubox-i 4x4 RAM

On 2016-04-30, Rick Thomas wrote:
> I finally got some time to test the experimental u-boot:
>      u-boot-imx_2016.05~rc2+dfsg0~20160423~1-1_armhf.deb
>
> It installs and boots and recognizes 3.8GB RAM on the 4x4.  So I guess I
> got a real 4x4 after all!

Yeah, figured that might be the case.

> I also have a cubox-i4pro (the 2GB variety).  You suggested that this
> would probably not work there.  Would you like me to test it for you?
> If that would speed up getting this patch into production, I'm willing
> to give it a try!

I tested an older version of the patch on a cubox-i4pro, but if you're
willing to confirm that it also fails on yours, that's more info.

The patch is a one-liner to change from one hard-coded ram configuration
to another. I'm fairly confident that it needs actualy run-time
detection to support both models, as the various models have some
incompatible ram configuration.

In addition to run-time ram detection, solid-run's vendor u-boot branch
also has numerous ram timings that should be updated in mainline u-boot,
but actually getting working patches so far has been beyond me.

live well,
  vagrant