Re: Cubox-i 4x4 RAM [was Re: Performance of armhf boards]

On 04/26/16 00:51, Rick Thomas wrote:
On Apr 21, 2016, at 11:54 PM, Rick Thomas <rbthomas@pobox.com> wrote:

I seem to remember that I got roughly the same number (lightly less
than 2.0 GiB) when I booted the manufacturer supplied u-boot and
Ubuntu kernel from the uSD-card that came with it.
Maybe it came with a u-boot that didn't support the cubox-i4x4, as it
wasn't added until relatively recently:

https://github.com/SolidRun/u-boot-imx6

Or, maybe you really did get a cubox-i4pro.
Possible… I’ll have to boot it from the original µSD-card and see what version of u-boot it has.  I may have time to do that this weekend.
Here’s the info on the u-boot from the original µSDcard that came with the device.

U-Boot 2013.10-rc4-ga06fada (Jul 16 2014 - 10:20:49)
I’ve attached an edited transcript of the console output, if that’s interesting.

I’m pretty sure that u-boot from almost 2 years ago won’t have support for the “4x4”.

Next is to try your updated u-boot and see what it says about available RAM.
I finally got some time to test the experimental u-boot:
    u-boot-imx_2016.05~rc2+dfsg0~20160423~1-1_armhf.deb

It installs and boots and recognizes 3.8GB RAM on the 4x4. So I guess I got a real 4x4 after all!

I also have a cubox-i4pro (the 2GB variety). You suggested that this would probably not work there. Would you like me to test it for you? If that would speed up getting this patch into production, I'm willing to give it a try!

Enjoy!
Rick