Re: Cubox-i 4x4 RAM [was Re: Performance of armhf boards]

On Apr 21, 2016, at 11:54 PM, Rick Thomas <rbthomas@pobox.com> wrote:

>>> I seem to remember that I got roughly the same number (lightly less
>>> than 2.0 GiB) when I booted the manufacturer supplied u-boot and
>>> Ubuntu kernel from the uSD-card that came with it.
>>
>> Maybe it came with a u-boot that didn't support the cubox-i4x4, as it
>> wasn't added until relatively recently:
>>
>> https://github.com/SolidRun/u-boot-imx6
>>
>> Or, maybe you really did get a cubox-i4pro.
>
> Possible… I’ll have to boot it from the original µSD-card and see what version of u-boot it has.  I may have time to do that this weekend.

Here’s the info on the u-boot from the original µSDcard that came with the device.

> U-Boot 2013.10-rc4-ga06fada (Jul 16 2014 - 10:20:49)

I’ve attached an edited transcript of the console output, if that’s interesting.

I’m pretty sure that u-boot from almost 2 years ago won’t have support for the “4x4”.

Next is to try your updated u-boot and see what it says about available RAM.

Enjoy!
Rick