Re: marvell_cesa continues to fail on kirkwood with kernel 4.4

* JM <fijam@archlinux.us> [2016-02-05 04:20]:
> To quickly bring you up to speed, the driver for Marvell's hardware
> crypto accelerator embedded in their Armada/Kirkwood SoCs has been
> rewritten as marvell_cesa and merged in kernel 4.2. The new driver
> received a number of patches since and has been enabled in Debian as a
> module in 4.4~rc4-1~exp1 (debian bug #807634), coexisting with the old
> driver (mv_cesa).

(As Jan found out later, the drivers don't really coexist that well
and disabling the old driver makes the new one work.)

Upstream is moving to the new CESA driver, so I'll disable the old one
in Debian's 4.6.

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/