Re: orion5x housekeeping

Dear Rogério,

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 4:30 PM, Rogério Brito <rbrito@ime.usp.br> wrote:
> Hi, People.
>
> On 2016-03-02 02:06, Rogério Brito wrote:
>>> * Buffalo Kurobox Pro: I know various Debian people had these.  Are
>>> people still using these devices?  Is Debian working?  Is the
>>> installer working?
>>
>> I can confirm that the Kurobox Pro is working fine with testing, with
>> kernels 3.16.x and with kernel 4.4.
>
> I just went ahead and edited Roger Shimizu's table of
> supported/unsupported hardware with information about the Kurobox Pro at:
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/rosh/PortingStatusForDebianInstaller
>
> I guess that this table could be promoted to something higher to a more
> visible place (perhaps "installing debian on"?) so that it could assume
> a more formal status.

Thank you for the updating!
I also updated a bit for the latest infomation.

Currently this page is under cooking.
With the completeness over time, I think the team will decide how to proceed.

> Furthermore, the table there is too wide. At first, I didn't even notice
> that there were fields for sid!
>
> It, perhaps, could be broken with sections on "support since" (is this
> really necessary? perhaps users would like to know which stable version
> of the distribution they can "safely" install?), "support changing" and
> "current support/sid"?

Yes, I know it's too wide and ugly.
But I didn't find better way to arrange so much data both conveniently
(such as wiki) and informatively (such as in table format).
Just let me know if you have better way to achieve these.

> Anyway, I guess that this work is not worthless. And, yes, I would like
> to have this hardware supported until it dies.

Thanks, again!

Cheers,
--
Roger Shimizu, GMT +9 Tokyo