qnap TS 212p

Hello,

I just wanted to thank you all for the work done to keep supporting
those old pieces of HW.

I am reporting that current debian stable is working nicely on the QNAP TS 212p,
I chose this model because it is supported, even if it's old.

I installed it yesterday on a brand new unit. There was a problem for
the installer image to get its IP@ from a local DHCP server, but I
workarounded that by using the default value and all went smooth.

I loaded it with 2 refurbished 1TB drives (HITACHI HUA7210SASUN1.0T 0829GM9LLF)

Raid1 sync took a few hours at 50MB/s at the beginning ~25MB/s at the end.

I intend to put a second identical one into production soon.

dmesg shows that:
[   19.890999] MV-CESA:Could not register sha1 driver
[   19.895948] MV-CESA:Could not register hmac-sha1 driver

but cat /proc/crypto
name         : cbc(aes)
driver       : mv-cbc-aes
module       : mv_cesa
priority     : 300
refcnt       : 1
selftest     : passed
type         : ablkcipher
async        : yes
blocksize    : 16
min keysize  : 16
max keysize  : 32
ivsize       : 16
geniv        : <default>

name         : ecb(aes)
driver       : mv-ecb-aes
module       : mv_cesa
priority     : 300
refcnt       : 1
selftest     : passed
type         : ablkcipher
async        : yes
blocksize    : 16
min keysize  : 16
max keysize  : 32
ivsize       : 0
geniv        : <default>

So I think it was only a warning.

I also see that :

[    9.584629] rtc-mv rtc-mv: internal RTC not ticking

dunno if it's important though.

Again, thanks

--
Vincent Legoll