Re: Qnap / mv643xx_eth link dropping

On Thu, 2016-01-21 at 15:01 +0100, JM wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 2:36 PM, Thomas Pircher <
> tehpeh-debian@tty1.net> wrote:
> > On 2016-01-21 13:18, JM wrote:
> [...]
> > Still it might be worth to try disabling TCP offloading in
> > /etc/network/interfaces:
> >[...]
> This seems to have fixed it! Thanks a lot.
>
> Although I wonder if a bug should be filed, or if it's just a wart we
> need to remember about.

IMHO it's a bug if things don't work with the offloads available,
especially given its a regression. Would you mind reporting to the
upstream devs please?

IIRC last time something like this happened it was in the phy driver
rather than the actual Ethernet driver itself, although that may not be
the case here.

Ian.