Re: sheeveplug u-boot environment

On 2016-01-05, Rick Thomas wrote:
> On Jan 5, 2016, at 12:17 PM, Vagrant Cascadian <vagrant@debian.org> wrote:
>> Well, I would like to know if the newer versions in Debian are or aren't
>> working, if you'd be willing to try. They do still build in 2016.01~rc3,
>> so newer versions probably have converted over to generic-board (or just
>> haven't been removed yet).
>>
>> There are a couple bugs reported against u-boot which may be relevent:
>>
>>  https://bugs.debian.org/781874
>>  https://bugs.debian.org/782293
>>
>> I don't recall if the requested patches got into mainline u-boot, and I
>> haven't included them as patches in the debian u-boot packages.
>
> Which version/package would you like me to test?  I see the following versions available:

All of them. :)

> Version: 2015.10+dfsg1-4
> Version: 2014.10+dfsg1-5

There's also 2016.01~rc3+dfsg1-3 in experimental, and 2016.01 it
scheduled to release on the 11th, and I plan to upload to unstable soon
after. Better to know about issues *before* a release than after.

I don't have a sheevaplug to test u-boot on; I won't be able to test and
troubleshoot it myself. So knowing if it works on all of the versions in
Debian would be a starting point, and committing to testing future
versions would be ideal...

live well,
  vagrant